This was an excellent event. Congratulations on a very interesting and enjoyable conference.
The conference has, as usual with events of similar kind organized by Oxfirst, brought a wealth of experienced scholars, both from industry, institutions and IP law firms, together. The discussions were extremely lively, sometimes controversial, but always stimulating.
I highly appreciated being able to attend your conference. I enjoyed the debate and discussions and I believe you have made a great effort to advance the debate to a more efficient FRAND licensing universe.
This was the best conference I have been in the last five years and I am only saying this because I was not at the OxFirst conference last year.
- Advance the state of Play for Markets for Standard Essential Patents
- Hear first-hand what Judges, Academics and Public Authorities have to say on some of the hottest trends in the sector
- Be part of a Thriving Community of Thought Leaders
- Contribute to Building Bridges in a highly debated policy area
- Enjoy, Debate and Have Fun!
What this event is about?
For the sixth time in a row, we are inviting you to discuss the interplay of IP, Competition, and Public Policy.
With several key questions to be addressed, such as whether FRAND licensing rates should be global, the adequate level of licensing as well as the Determination of FRAND royalty rates, there is a dire need to caliber the role of both IP and competition law for the high-tech innovation ecosystem.
More than ever before is it important to provide thought leadership and contribute to formulating judicial and governance perspectives that will assure that IP breaks the equation of being a tool for economic growth and prosperity.
Jurisdiction, Extraterritoriality & Comity
Update on Recent FRAND Cases
Component Level Licensing
Proportionality of FRAND injunctions
What role for Standard Setting Organizations in the eco system?
Validity and Essentiality of Standard Essential Patents
Law Office of Kenneth R. Adamo
In Partnership with
Participants (not finalised)
- Court of Justice of the European Union
- Bundesgerichtshof (German Supreme Court)
- Court of Appeal of England & Wales
- UK High Court
- French Judiciary
STANDARD SETTING ORGANIZATIONS
- University of Oxford
- University of Zurich
- City University
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Brunel University London
- Renmin University
- Competition Authorities of Chile
- Japan Patent Office
- UK Intellectual Property Office
- Deutsche Telekom
- Nordic Semiconductor
The event will be held online.