Click below to access Conference Resources
Registration is free of charge, but subject to approval and acceptance of our terms and conditions. After approval, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
This was an excellent event. Congratulations on a very interesting and enjoyable conference.
The conference has, as usual with events of similar kind organized by Oxfirst, brought a wealth of experienced scholars, both from industry, institutions and IP law firms, together. The discussions were extremely lively, sometimes controversial, but always stimulating.
I highly appreciated being able to attend your conference. I enjoyed the debate and discussions and I believe you have made a great effort to advance the debate to a more efficient FRAND licensing universe.
This was the best conference I have been in the last five years and I am only saying this because I was not at the OxFirst conference last year.
What this event is about
For the sixth time in a row, we are inviting you to discuss the interplay of IP, Competition, and Public Policy.
With several key questions to be addressed, such as whether FRAND licensing rates should be global, the adequate level of licensing as well as the Determination of FRAND royalty rates, there is a dire need to caliber the role of both IP and competition law for the high-tech innovation ecosystem.
More than ever before is it important to provide thought leadership and contribute to formulating judicial and governance perspectives that will assure that IP breaks the equation of being a tool for economic growth and prosperity.
- Where in the Supply Chain should one take a license?
- Updates on Recent FRAND Disputes
- Essentiality Perspectives on SEPs
- CEO of the UKIPO
- Mr Vajda QC, Monckton chambers, visiting Professor in King’s College London, previous Judge at CJEU
- Representatives from Nokia & Audi…
- The FRAND Defense
- Anti-suit Injunctions
- Propotionality of injunctions
- Madame Sabotier, Head & Judge, 3rd chamber Civil Court and Head of 3rd Chamber
- Dr Zigann, Presiding Judge, Landgericht Munich
- Professor Picht, University of Zurich
- Representatives from Siemens, Deutsche Telekom…
- Standard essential patents & AI
- Should the mandate of Standard Setting Organisations be expanded?
- International perspectives on FRAND
- Sir Nicholas Forwood, White & Case, Counsel & former Judge at CJEU
- Lord Justice Arnold, Judge at the Court of Appeal of England and Wales
- Representatives from IBM, Philips and Panasonic…
Law Office of Kenneth R. Adamo
In Partnership with
- Former Court of Justice of the European Union
- Bundesgerichtshof (German Supreme Court)
- Court of Appeal of England & Wales
- French Judiciary
STANDARD SETTING ORGANIZATIONS
- University of Oxford
- University of Zurich
- City University
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Brunel University London
- Renmin University
- Competition Authorities of Chile
- Japan Patent Office
- UK Intellectual Property Office
- Deutsche Telekom
- Nordic Semiconductor
The event will be held online.