5th IP and Competition Forum Building Bridges in Turbulent Markets6-7th February 2020 - Bruxelle - Cercle de Loraine
- Advance the state of Play for Markets for Standard Essential Patents
- Hear first-hand what Judges, Academics and Public Authorities have to say on some of the hottest trends in the sector
- Be part of a Thriving Community of Thought Leaders
- Enjoy, Debate and Have Fun!
What this event is about?
For the fifth time in a row we are inviting to discuss the interplay of IP and Competition. With several key questions to be addressed, such as global FRAND licensing rates, the determination of royalty rates, as well as recent case law in this area, there is a dire need to calibre the role of both IP and competition law for the ICT innovation ecosystem. More than ever before is it important to provide thought leadership and contribute to formulating judicial and governance perspectives that will assure that IP remains a tool for economic growth and prosperity.
The new technology challenges ahead of us will be as exciting as those of the past. Your dedicated support allows us to continue to shape the world of IP and Competition. Thank you for your help.
Views from the Judiciary on IP and Competition
Principles of FRAND Licensing Rate Determination
Should FRAND Licensing Rates be Global?
Where in the value chain should one give/take licence
Anti-Suit Injunction, anti-anti-suit injunctions
Standard Essentiality Checks
Trade Perspectives on FRAND
Patent pools as a Means to Facilitate Licencing Transactions?
Access to FRAND Licences
Sketching an Ideal Scenario for the Future of FRAND licensing
Insights Gained from Recent Case Law
- German Judiciary
- Belgium Judiciary
- UK Judiciary
STANDARD SETTING ORGANIZATIONS
- Kings College London
- Max Planck Institute
- University of Zuerich
- University of Hamburg
- University of Bordeaux
- European Commission
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- World Trade Organization
- UK Department of Science, Technology and Industry
- Belgium Competition Authority
- Italian Competition Authority
- BEUC, International Consumer Association
- Digital SME Association
- Sheppard & Mullin
- White & Case
- Marks & Clerk
- Kirkland & Ellis
- Gramm, Lins & Partner
- Scherenberg Legal & Licensing
- Five AI
- Capital IQ
- MPEG LA